You are here
University of Craiova University / Faculty in Dolj, Romania
The University of Craiova was founded pursuant to Law 138/25 April 1947.
The University of Craiova ranks topmost among the Romanian higher education system (56 accredited public higher education institutions and 35 accredited private higher education institutions in 2012), and the institutional evaluation by the Romanian Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ARACIS) was completed with a “High Confidence Rating” – 2009.
The University of Craiova has been ranked among the 10 Romanian universities in all the national and international classifications in the last 20 years.
According to University Ranking by Academic Performance 2011, the University of Craiova belongs to category B, ranking 1630th internationally.(link).
According to Ranking web of World Universities, July 2012, the University of Craiova ranks the 10th out of 111 in Romanian universities and the 1222nd in universities world top.
According to Mondial Top Universities and Colleges 2012, the University of Craiova ranks the 8th in Romania and the 1421st internationally.
According to University Web Ranking 2012, the University of Craiova ranks 10th in Romanian universities and the 1707th internationally.(link).
A university with an international vocation
The University of Craiova is integrated to the academic European community, sharing its cultural, moral, scientific and educational values.
The University of Craiova is affiliated with EUA (European University Association), CER - Conference of European Rectors; IAU - International Association of Universities; IAUP -International Association of University Presidents; AUF - Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie; BSUN - Black Sea Universities Network; AEUA - Association of Arab and European Universities etc.
The University of Craiova has 122 ERASMUS partners and other 25 partners from Europe, Africa, Asia, North America and South America.
A student-centred university
- The University of Craiova will assist you in preparing for a successful career.
- The University of Craiova is proud of its students’ and graduates’ achievements.
- The University of Craiova has become a recruitment pool for multinational companies, SMEs, institutions, etc. from Romania and Europe.
- The University of Craiova provides students with accommodation in modern residential halls, cafeterias, state-of-the-art libraries, sports and cultural facilities, scholarships, mobilities, assistance in personal growth, etc.
- The University of Craiova supports the public and entrepreneurial spirit and promotes students involvement in voluntary work as added values for enhancing their CVs.
A University in the service of community
The University of Craiova undertakes public accountability with respect to the quality of the study programmes, scientific research and services to community.
The University of Craiova carries out strategic and operational partnerships with representatives of the socio-economic and cultural environment (SMEs, multinational companies, banks, public institutions, museums, theatres, etc.),meant to ensure a solid practical training of students.
The University of Craiova lends special attention to meeting the market demands, contributing to the enhancement of social cohesion and employability.